Playing Roulette is as simple as it gets, place your bets on an outcome and wait for the results and hope for the best. In the game of Roulette, there is a betting table, a spinning wheel and a small ball which is placed on the wheel and spun by the croupier. Roulette is somewhat a paradox, being so simple yet so exciting.
Even though the game is a based on chance, there are strategy and tips US players can use to enjoy maximise their money winning chances in Roulette. We have a shortlist of the best gambling site to play live Roulette online in USA. However before playing Roulette you have to learn the roulette rules, strategy and odds.
Find the best USA roulette casino sites below
Play at Top US Roulette Casino Online
Roulette How to Play Guide
Players need to understand the different types of roulette and what the rules for those roulette variants. Before we break down how to play roulette, we will expand on the different roulette variants, what the rules are for each variant and if players can use the same strategies on all the variants. Roulette is an exciting game to play because it requires no exact skills since it’s a pure luck casino game. Let’s look at the different types of Roulette and what the differences are.
How to Play Roulette – Types of Roulette
There are three main types of roulette; American, French and European Roulette. A recent variant of roulette- Rapid Roulette which is a blend of live dealer roulette and online touch screen controls for players. The main difference between the American roulette version and the other two versions is the table layout.
Roulette Types – American Roulette
The American roulette difference lies in the design of the wheel. The American roulette wheel has an extra 00 pocket in added to the standard 0 pocket. This serves to increase the house edge making this a more edgy version of roulette. When playing American roulette, the odds of winning are 1 to 38.
Roulette Types – French Roulette
French Roulette has a wheel with one 0 pocket. This decreases the house edge however there are rules in the French roulette game that make the game a little more popular is that there are rules that softens the blow of a loss. La Partage and En Prison rules allow players to bet a second time after landing on zero and to get half their bet back.
Roulette Types – European Roulette
European Roulette is similar French roulette and is played on a 37-number wheel, with one zero only. Because there is one zero in European Roulette the house edge is cut to 1/37 / 2.70%.
How to Play Roulette and Win- Roulette Rules
Roulette has rules for how bets can be placed. There are inside and outside bets. Different betting combinations will carry different odds and payouts. The more results one bets on the more chances there are to win. There are two main bets in Roulette – inside and outside bets. Inside bets are the bets you place on the other sections.
- Straight – Bet on only one number
- A Split bet is on two numbers next to each other on the table. The chip is placed on the shared line of the two numbers
- A street bet is a combination of three consecutive numbers on the same line
- Six Line- A bet on two lines that are adjacent to each other
- Corner, also known as a ‘square’ bet, is a four-number bet.
- Trio as the name suggests includes a combination of three numbers which includes the zero / zeros.
- Basket is a bet on 0, 1, 2 and 3 in the American Roulette variant, it includes the double zero.
- Bet on the colour of what the winning number is
- Wager on if the winning number is odd or even
- 1 to 18 or 19 to 36 – a bet on whether the winning number will fall with the first or second range
- Dozens is a bet on any of the three dozen on the table
- Players can also bet on what column of the three the winning number will be in
American Roulette payout odds according to bets place
- Single digit bet 35:1 63%
- 2 Number bet 17:1 26%
- 3 Number bet 11:1 89%
- 4 Number bet 8:1 53%