Best Roulette Bets – Roulette Betting Strategy
Are you wondering what the best roulette bets are? If so, you’re in luck because we have laid out the best way to bet on roulette. The game roulette online or at a land-based casino has a diverse range of betting options.
Hence making the smartest roulette bet may be confusing even to experienced players. For that reason, we have included popular roulette strategy methods in this guide.
Moreover, this roulette betting guide includes a look at roulette wheel odds and payouts for the various bets.
For players already confident in their game, you can start playing and winning real money. Sign up to the best online roulette casinos which we have reviewed and highly recommend below.
Place Roulette Bets for Real Money Here
Roulette Bets Explained
When you understand roulette bets you have in essence understood roulette rules. Because roulette is not a game of skill, all the rules relate to betting. Although there are quite a number of betting rules, they are all relatively simple and easy to follow.
Most of the rules are universal and apply for all three variations of roulette. Then there are some rules and bets which will only apply to specific variations of roulette. For instance, only French roulette has the La Partage rule which we will expand on further later on.
Understanding the rules of roulette will improve your betting and odds of winning the game. In our bid to improve your chances of winning we have expanded on the odds of various bets and their payouts.
How to Bet on Roulette
If you want to place the smartest roulette bet, it is important to understand how to bet on roulette. In learning how to bet well on roulette, the odds, payouts, minimum and maximum bets are key. As we mentioned earlier roulette rules in essence describe the various roulette bets you can make. The rules for roulette stipulate that the minimum and maximum bets differ depending on what bet you have placed. Each roulette table has maximum and minimum bets set. When playing for real money make sure you understand what the maximum and minimum bets are before betting.
- A minimum and maximum bet is set for the table’s inside and outside bets
- Players can bet before the roulette wheel spins
- Bets can be placed while the wheel is in motion
- When the dealer announces that No More Bets can be made, no bets can be placed.
- Once the wheel stops and there is a winning number a dolly (a marker) is placed on that number and no bets can be placed whilst the dolly is on the marker
Best Roulette Bets for Real Money
What is the best bet in Roulette? The best way to be bet roulette is determined via strategy. Roulette numbers to Bet on are divided into two main categories Inside and Outside Bets. All the numbers to bet on are clearly laid out on the roulette betting board known as the layout. Both inside and outside bet numbers are laid out.
How to Bet on Roulette- Inside Bets
- Straight – Bet on only one number
- A Split bet is on two numbers next to each other on the table. The chip is placed on the shared line of the two numbers
- A street bet is a combination of three consecutive numbers on the same line
- Six Line- A bet on two lines that are adjacent to each other
- Corner, also known as a ‘square’ bet, is a four-number bet.
- Trio as the name suggests includes a combination of three numbers which includes the zero / zeros.
- Basket is a bet on 0, 1, 2 and 3 in the American Roulette variant, it includes the double zero.
How to Bet on Roulette – Outside Bets
- Bet on the colour of what the winning number is
- Wager on if the winning number is odd or even
- 1 to 18 or 19 to 36 – a bet on whether the winning number will fall with the first or second range
- Dozens is a bet on any of the three dozen on the table
- Players can also bet on what column of the three the winning number will be in
Best Roulette Bets Odds and Payouts
The best way to bet in roulette can be found by looking at the odds of each bet option. The odds of each bet in roulette can be calculated using a method know as expected value. Roulette expected value will give you a clear idea of the what your payout is factoring the probability of each outcome and house edge. The odds of each outcome vary according to what variation of roulette you play. The odds are tougher on American roulette thanks to the double zero.
|Payout||Odds against Win (French & European||Odds against Win (American)|
|inside Bets||Straight up||35 to 1||36 to 1||37 to 1|
|Split||17 to 1||17 1⁄2 to 1||18 to 1|
|Street||11 to 1||11 1⁄3 to 1||11 2⁄3 to 1|
|Corner||8 to 1||8 1⁄4 to 1||8 1⁄2 to 1|
|Six line||5 to 1||5 1⁄6 to 1||5 1⁄3 to 1|
|outside Bets||1st column||2 to 1||2 1⁄12 to 1||2 1⁄6 to 1|
|2nd column||2 to 1||2 1⁄12 to 1||2 1⁄6 to 1|
|3rd column||2 to 1||2 1⁄12 to 1||2 1⁄6 to 1|
|1st dozen||2 to 1||2 1⁄12 to 1||2 1⁄6 to 1|
|2nd dozen||2 to 1||2 1⁄12 to 1||2 1⁄6 to 1|
|3rd dozen||2 to 1||2 1⁄12 to 1||2 1⁄6 to 1|
|Odd||1 to 1||1 1⁄18 to 1||1 1⁄9 to 1|
|Even||1 to 1||1 1⁄18 to 1||1 1⁄9 to 1|
|Red||1 to 1||1 1⁄18 to 1||1 1⁄9 to 1|
|Black||1 to 1||1 1⁄18 to 1||1 1⁄9 to 1|
More Online Roulette Guides:
- How to Play Roulette
- French Roulette
- American Roulette
- European Roulette
- American Roulette Vs European Roulette
- Biased Roulette Wheel Odds