Online blackjack is played similarly to classic casino blackjack. Players get two cards dealt face up and the dealer also get two cards but only one is exposed. The ideal goal of the casino game is to have a hand that has the value of 21. The next best result is a hand that is closest to and less than 21 Any number over 21 will result in a loss no matter how close to 21 it is. In the event of a tie in blackjack, nobody wins and a new round is played. Players have the opportunity to better their hand by asking for another card (hit) or if they believe they have the best hand possible they keep the cards they have (stand).
Find a list of the best USA online casino sites where you can play online blackjack along with , a simple rules guide, basic strategy and tips to show how to win blackjack.
Play at Top US Blackjack Casino Sites
Blackjack How to Play Guide
Online blackjack blends luck and skill in an exciting way which explains the popularity of the game. Our quest to equip you with the skills to play and strategies to help you win at starts with basic blackjack rules and blackjack terminology.
Online Blackjack is can be played with up to 8 card decks. As previously mentioned, both player and dealer get a pair of cards dealt to them. Players’ cards are always exposed and only one of the dealer’s cards is exposed. Depending on the cards dealt the player or dealer can choose to hit, stand, split or double down. The trick is to get as close to 21 without going over 21 which is referred to as a bust.
- Stand – To stand is to keep the hand one is dealt without adding to it.
- Hit – is to add a card to the hand.
- Split – separating two cards of the same value into two unique hands with separate bets each
- Double down– players with a good hand (not a blackjack) can double their bet on their current hand and get an additional card. When you double down youcan no longer make any other game plays. No hits or splits or even more doubling down.
5 Steps to Playing Blackjack Online
- Each player makes a bet before the cards are dealt
- The cards are dealt and All players get two cards face up while the dealer has two cards but one is hidden
- After getting the cards players can now make additional moves, the player left of the dealer is the first to make a move.
- Players can either Hit Stay or Split. A hit is a request for another card, while a stay indicates that players are satisfied with the cards, they have
- If a play hits and bust they immediately loses his bet regardless of what the dealer’s hand is
How to Play Blackjack for the Dealer
The dealer keeps his one card hidden until the end of the betting. When he reveals his card and he and the player have an equal hand it is called a push. In the event of a Push when the cards are revealed the dealer is obligate to hit or stand depending on his hand is.
- Hit – the dealer must hit if his hand totals 16 or less. If he busts then the player wins
- Stand – The dealer is obliged to stand if his hand is 17 or more
Online Blackjack Rules
- Online Blackjack is played using one to eight decks depending on the variant being played.
- Blackjack is when the pair of cards dealt equals the value of 21
- An instant blackjack hand pays 3 to 2
- Players are allowed to split up to four hands in some Blackjack variations
- In the event of a split, Aces can only be split once
- A split ace and a 10-value card ARE NOT considered as a blackjack
- Aces have a value of 1 or 11
- Cards from 2 to 10 have face value
- K; Q; J have a value of 10
- A hand less than 21 but higher than the value the banker has is a win for the player
- Player loses when the hand they hold is over 21
- Any winning score of 21 after a split is paid 1 to 1
Basic Blackjack Strategy for US Players
What is the best way to maximise your odds of winning Online Blackjack? The best way to play and win is by having a basic strategy. It’s a very popular casino game in the land-based and online space. Largely because players have a chance to influence the outcome of the game by using some level of skill and strategy with every hand played. Seasoned online blackjack players often do not deviate too far from basic blackjack strategy. They do this to lessen the edge the dealer / casino has.
When players learn the basic rules and strategy of Online Blackjack, they can then learn how to increase odds of winning. There a numerous strategy designed to give gamblers an edge over the casino. However, none are fully, fool proof except the illegal strategies like card counting which ruin the sport of casino gambling and are therefore banned in online casinos.
- Blackjack – when a player’s hand is a total hand value of 21
- Bust – when player’s hand is over 21
- Push – when player and dealer’s have hands valued between 17 and 21 in this instance neither hand wins
- Double Down – This is the option for the player to receive one more card and ending his/her turn
- Hole card – the Dealer’s hidden card
- Hit –Request another card
- Stand – No more cards and end of player’s turn
- Shoe – the remaining decks
- Split – when two cards are divided into two different hands to be played with split bets