Best Video Poker Games
Video poker is one of the newest casino games. Video poker games are the brainchild of Si Redd of Bally Technologies. He developed video poker casino games in the 1970s when branched out from slot machines to develop the first video poker games, which were ultimately marketed in partnership with Fortune Coin Companies. This partnership today is known as IGT. The video poker slots were computer simulated games played on consoles. The success of these video poker machines paved the way for electronic video poker online slots. Video poker casino games are second only to slots as the most popular game at online casinos.
Almost all the online video poker games are based on draw poker, in which you can exchange any number of cards from your dealt hand. That is why video poker games are sometimes referred to as poker slots. The final hand when you play video poker is compared against the poker hand rankings in a payout table, with the higher ranked hands paying more. If you would like a play free video poker games for real money at US online casinos we have compiled a list for you below:
Video Poker Online for Real Money
|Online casino||Welcome Bonus||Payout||Rating||Visit Site|
|Play Bovegas Casino|
|Play Cafe Casino|
|Play Slots of Vegas|
|Play Old Havana Casino|
|Play Irish luck Casino|
Video Poker Online – Best Video Poker Games
Video poker online comes in many variations. The standard video poker classic game is based on 5 cards draw poker and online slots as we have already mentioned. As with any enjoyable game, video poker games have a number of popular variations that have developed over the years. The video poker sites we have listed here offer a range of the most popular video poker machines. US players can enjoy free video poker Jacks or Better for real money along with other popular variations such as Deuces Wild video poker machines. We have briefly expanded on these real money video poker games below. Each of the variations we have listed has its own extensive guide with tips on how to play the particular variation and its unique video poker strategy.
Video Poker Jacks or Better
The basic video poker variant at US online casinos is Jacks or Better. The casino game starts paying from a pair of jacks or higher and moves to a royal flush. Other online video poker variants are built around this.
Deuces Wild Video Poker
There are those that involve wild cards which can substitute for other cards to make poker hand rankings In Deuces Wild all the twos can act as wild cards.
Video Poker – Joker Poker
Joker Poker is played with 53 cards in which the extra card is a joker, which is a wild card. Other online video poker variants have been developed by allotting different payouts to four-of-a-kind hands with different cards.
Multi Hand Video Poker
US online casinos offer both single hand and multi-hand video poker variants. In single hand games you play one hand at a time. In multi-hand games you can play a number of hands at the same time. There some off-beat titles like Mystery Bonus Poker and Pick ‘Em Poker as well.
Free Video Poker Online
US players have the luxury of enjoying the best video poker machines from top developers. When you sign up to one of the recommended casinos to play video poker online for real money, there is options to play free video poker. You may wonder how free video poker games can win you real money. Well there are a variety of free video poker games. Free video poker is free because you have access to the casino games for free. In other instances, the video poker classic free game is free because of a bonus offered for video poker slots. Other video poker games are free because you use the video poker trainer free to practice before using real money
How to Play Video Poker in 5 Easy Steps
How to play video poker online is about following easy steps and having a good video poker strategy. To become better at the game, you need to practice video poker. Play video poker free online to practice before playing for real money. At most top casinos there are free online video poker games available. You can even get a free video poker download games to practice offline. We have outlined how to play video poker below for you to practice.
- In video poker classic games or any other variation, you begin by selecting the coin size and the number of coins- the product of these is your total bet.
- You get five cards, and from these cards you click on the ones you want to hold on to. You have the option of replacing as many cards as you want.
- Click on the “Draw” button to replace the cards you have not retained or all your cards. Just remember that once you click draw you cannot get the discarded cards back. So, think carefully before you do.
- The round ends once you have used up your bet and cannot draw anymore.
- Your final hand is compared against the payout table. If you have not got the minimum hand ranking that pays out then you will lose your bet. If you have a paying hand ranking you will receive the payout as specified in the payout table.
There is a separate payout table for each number of coins wagered. The payouts are multipliers that are applied to the coin value and credited to your account.
Video Poker Strategy
If you look at the different payout tables you will see that the payouts for a winning hand ranking are in multiples of the number of coins wagered. But the payout for the royal flush with five coins wagered is a jackpot payout that is more five times the payout with one coin. This leads to the golden rule of online video poker, which is always play with five coins.
Online video poker variants offer an average return of about 99% if played with optimum strategy. This means that you should acquaint yourself with this strategy before playing. The strategies are different in the case of different online video poker variants. Usually they are given as an ordered list of card combinations to hold. You should hold a card combination that is highest on that list. A useful rule is not to break combinations that will already pay out, with some exceptions.
Advantages of Playing Video Poker Online
- Online video poker variants offer high average returns to players of about 99%. This means that you are unlikely to lose loads of money playing video poker if you play with the correct strategy.
- The highest payouts are about 800 times the bet amount, which are higher than in most other online casino games.
- Players who do not like to be totally dependent on luck will find online video poker a good option because a fair amount of strategic decision making is involved.
- Multi-hand online video poker speeds up the game play, which helps players who can wager for only short periods of time.
Disadvantages of Playing Video Poker Online
- The optimum strategy in online video poker is quite complex and there are no simplified tools like the blackjack strategy card. So, it will be hard work to master this strategy.
- Playing online video poker for real money without following the optimum strategy will lead to a drastic fall in average return to players and this is not desirable.
- Unlike blackjack and roulette, video poker is not a glamorous land casino game and therefore online casino players are not likely to walk the extra mile to get involved for that reason.
- The visual appeal in online video poker is not as enchanting as in online slots.
Guides to Popular US casino games: