Best Craps Strategy to Win
Using a craps strategy to win real money is not always easy. Luckily, we’ve got some handy tips for using craps strategies online to help players. It’s no secret that casino house edges make things tougher, but we’ve managed to find some strategies you can use to lose less money. These are in no way foolproof, but we have tested them enough to see some benefits. Of course, there’s always a chance of losing, but that’s the fun part.
So, how can a player make a craps system work? In general, they use a set of rules specific to the craps system. Such as doubling your next bet if you lose or halving it if you win. Using the common bets in craps, these theories will also have rules in place for which wagers to make. Once you’re comfortable with our tips and tricks, check out these craps websites to start winning.
Best Online Craps Casinos
Craps Strategy Page Content
- Top 10 Basic Craps Strategies
- Advanced Craps Strategy
- Best Craps Betting Strategy
- Craps Odds Strategy
- Best Craps Strategy
- More Craps Guides
Top 10 Basic Craps Strategies
Finding a low-risk craps strategy is the best place to start when you’re learning. These strategies usually call for lower bets, focusing on multiple bets, and carefully keeping track of your spending. Since you’ll be wagering real money, these are useful tips to live by. Then, we recommend having these tricks in mind when learning a craps system.
- Craps Strategy Tip #1: look for shooters who shake the dice evenly and not just randomly. They have better control over the dice,
- Craps Strategy Tip #2: Hit and run by betting the long odds. Once you’ve won more than you bet, walk away.
- Craps Strategy Tip #3: Go with the streak. Bet more when you are running hot, but cut back after a loss.
- Craps Strategy Tip #4: watch the high roller (the player with the most chips) and follow their lead. However, bet smaller amounts to be careful.
- Craps Strategy Tip #5: check out the tables and look at the finer points. How many players are there? Who is the shooter? Which numbers are winning?
- Craps Strategy Tip #6: leave the proposition bets for later. These can quickly stack up and lose you more money.
- Craps Strategy Tip #7: pay attention to table minimums and pick a table within your budget. You can still win a lot but lose less.
- Craps Strategy Tip #8: ignore dealer appeals for “high house” advantage bets and choose odds wagers.
- Craps Strategy Tip #9: back up any pass/don’t pass and come/don’t come bets with odds bets. This decreases the house edge to maximize your luck.
- Craps Strategy Tip #10: collect your winnings before the next round, or they will go into play.
Advanced Craps Strategy
If you’re looking for an advanced craps strategy, then these could be for you. Generally, we don’t recommend large bets, so $2 should do just fine. These bets get quite hefty on the wallet, so you’ll still wager a lot. However, it will be on far more outcomes and spread your odds across the table. For the most part, anyway.
Craps Strategy #1: “Regression”
Use a “Regression” method to profit on one hit. Since there are six ways to make a seven in craps, it’s believed that the tactic can work for a few rounds. This can be achieved by using the following steps:
- Wait until the shooter establishes the point.
- Once there’s a point number, place two bets on 6 and 8.
- Lower your bet with the dealer after a hit.
- Collect any winnings before the next round starts.
Craps Strategy #2: “Three-point Molly”
Using “Three-point Molly” to have three numbers to your advantage at all times. In this theory, you’ll have a Come bet to protect the Pass Line. Making it easy to profit on a lucky shooter. Here’s how to do it:
- Place a Pass Line bet.
- Back it up with single or double odds.
- Place a Come bet.
- Back it up with double or single odds.
- When the Come wager wins, place another right away.
- Repeat until the Shooter hits seven and is out.
- Collect any winnings before the next round starts.
Craps Strategy #3: “Anything but Seven”
Utilizing the “Anything but Seven” tactic and betting on every roll without seven. This wager makes a bet on any number aside from seven. It’s relatively easy to follow and improves a player’s chance of winning. Statistically, the average shooter rolls the dice four to six times before a seven.
- Let the shooter establish the point number.
- Put bets on five, six, and eight.
- Place one bet on the field.
- Then collect any winnings before the next round starts.
Best Craps Betting Strategy
Of course, no craps strategy can work without a bet. So, we’ve compiled the most common bets in craps to give players a head start. We usually recommend taking multiple bets to spread out the chances of winning. This is purely up to players, though. We know that keeping it simple at the table or online is preferable.
- Pass Bets Craps Strategy – A pass bet is the most common choice as players bet on the shooter missing their point number. When the game starts, the shooter throws the dice, and the table number they roll is the point. Pass bets are a wager on the shooter throwing a seven before their point. This bet has a house edge of 1.40%.
- Come Bets Craps Strategy – similar to the pass bet, this wagering option wins if the shooter hits seven or 11. However, players will lose if the shooter throws a two, three, or 12. With any other number, the player’s point number is made.
- Alternative Craps Strategy Bets – in addition to Passes and Come bets, players can choose to play the opposite. Betting on Don’t Pass or Don’t Come allows them to win on any other numbers.
- Sucker Bets Craps Strategy – betting aggressively can sometimes be referred to as a “Sucker” bet. Betting on Big Eight or Big Six gives the house a 9.1% edge. Meanwhile, betting on Hardways (four, six, eight, and ten) provides the house with 10%.
- Proposition Craps Strategy Bets – prop bets are a one-roll wager. While they may look exciting, most experts don’t recommend taking the odds. Payouts may be 30 to one, but the house edge is higher. These are common proposition craps bets:
- Any Craps
- Any 7
- Any Eleven
- Craps Eleven
- Any 2 or 12
- Any 3
Craps Odds Strategy
Probabilities are vital in any casino game, so knowing the odds and payouts is essential for any craps tactic. Always remember that the likelihood of a win doesn’t guarantee one.
|Pass||1 to 1||1,41%|
|Come||1 to 1||1,41%|
|Taking Odds on Pass/Come 6 or 8||6 to 5||0%|
|Taking Odds on Pass/Come 5 or 9||3 to 2||0%|
|rTaking Odds on Pass/Come 4 or 10||2 to 1||0%|
|Don’t Pass||1 to 1||1,36%|
|Don’t Come||1 to 1||1,41%|
|Laying Odds on Don’t Pass/Don’t Come 6 & 8||5 to 6||0%|
|Laying Odds on Don’t Pass/Don’t Come 5 & 9||2 to 3||0%|
|Laying Odds on Don’t Pass/Don’t Come 4 & 10||1 to 2||0%|
|Place 4 or 10||9 to 5||6,67%|
|Place 5 or 9||7 to 5||4,00%|
|Place 6 or 8||7 to 6||1,52%|
|Big 6 and 8||1 to 1||9,09%|
|Field 3,4,9,10 or 11||1 to 1||5,56%|
|Field 2, 12||2 to 1||5,56%|
|Lay 6 and 8||19 to 25||4,00%|
|Lay 5 and 9||19 to 31||3,23%|
|Lay 4 and 10||19 to 41||2,45%|
|Buy 6 and 8||23 to 21||4,76%|
|Buy 5 and 9||29 to 21||4,76%|
|Buy 4 and 10||39 to 21||4,76%|
|Hardways 6 and 8||10 to 1||9,09%|
|Hardways 4 and 10||8 to 1||11,11%|
|Proposition Bets||Payout||House edge|
|Any Craps (2,3 or 12)||8 to 1||11.11%|
|Any Seven||5 to 1||16.8%|
|Any Eleven||16 to 1||11.11%|
|Ace Deuce (3)||16 to 1||11.11%|
|Aces (2)||30 to 1||13.9%|
|Boxcars (12)||30 to 1||13.9%|
|Horn 3 or 11||15 to 1||12.5%|
|Horn 2 or 12||15 to 1||12.5%|
While we understand the need to maximize wins, we have to warn players that these craps strategies are not guarantees of constant wins. There are hundreds of ways for the dice to land, and it won’t always go your way. After all, Lady Luck is extremely fickle, and the odds aren’t always in your favor. However, you can test these and see if any of them help you to minimize losses.