Nevada is the holy grail of casino gambling in USA. Home to Las Vegas where all the famous casinos started. Nevada has had a stormy history with gambling. In the 1800’s, the gold prospectors are thought to have brought gambling to Nevada. Although gambling was available informally, Nevada gambling seems to have taken off about the 1860’s. There was much opposition but Nevada casinos came victorious. Now the state is home to some of the best land-based casinos in the world. Las Vegas is the main casino spot in the USA. Nevada casinos in general are known for their world class quality. We have listed the top 5 Nevada casinos along with their contact details. For the gamblers who prefer to gamble online see a list of the best online casinos in USA:
Best Online Casinos in USA
Top 5 Popular Nevada Casinos
- Aria – with almost 2000 slots available Aria is a gambler’s paradise
3730 Las Vegas Blvd., S., Las Vegas, NV 89158; +1 (866) 359-7757
- MGM Grand– has a beautiful casino with additional non-gambling gaming entertainment
3799 Las Vegas Blvd., S., Las Vegas, NV 89109; +1 (877) 880-0880
- Caesar’s Palace– this casino merges casino gambling with sports betting in a luxurious setting 3570 Las Vegas Blvd., S., Las Vegas, NV 89109; +1 (866) 227-5938
- Stratosphere – play from the highest building in Lads Vegas and enjoy amazing views while you play your favourite casino games
2000 Las Vegas Blvd., S., Las Vegas, NV 89104; +1 (702) 380-7777
- Mandalay Bay – some might argue that this casino is more famous for its other amenities than the actual casino games. However it’s a top gambling destination to try out while in Nevada.
3950 Las Vegas Blvd., S., Las Vegas, NV 89119; +1 (877) 632-7800
Tips when Gambling in Nevada Casinos
- Set a budget and stick to it. Research the land-based casino you are visiting. See what casino games they offer and what the minimum bets are for each of those games. Knowing your minimum betting requirements will help you to avoid getting sucked into an unplanned spending spree, which will ruin your gambling experience.
- Try playing more casino games that rely more on your skill like Blackjack and Baccarat, that way you have more control.
- If you are playing a game of chance, like Roulette or a slots enjoy the thrill of the game and be less superstitious. Online casinos use number generators that are entirely random. There is no way to predict the outcome. In land-based casinos as well, the roulette spins or slots or any other casino game, cannot be predicted. That’s the excitement of the game.
- If you have a smaller budget, play the smaller bet games so that your money goes a long way. The more you play, the more you increase your chances of winning.
- If you’re betting big bankrolls, make sure you are part of the high rollers club in your chosen casino and get all the VIP rewards you deserve.
Nevada Casino Gambling History
When the prospectors in 1860’s came with their gambling games to Nevada the government was against it. The government with President Abraham Lincoln’s support banned all games that involved gambling. However, when Nevada became a state, some forms of gambling were legalized in 1869. In the first decades of the 1900s the earliest forms of slot machines known as “nickel-in-the-slot machines” were allowed. These machines gave out small prizes of no more than $2. Prizes were limited to things of insignificant value such as cigars, small trinkets and even drinks.
The great depression opened way for modern casino gambling as we know it today. In 1931 open gambling was legalized. In that year Bank club opened a casino in Reno and the first licenced was awarded to Northern Club. Many of the iconic casinos were built at that time and later changed owners and names. For instance, The Mirage stands on what used to be Castaways Casino, which was San Souci and Red Rooster before that.