Poker is probably the king of all popular casino style games. it comes as no surprise that almost all gamblers know how to play poker and those that do not, want to learn how. Learning how to play poker online is not much different to playing off line. The terms and lingo of poker may be intimidating to poker beginners; however, the rules of the game are quite clear and straightforward.
There will be slight variations with each variation of the game of poker. We have compiled an easy how to play online poker guide, if you aren’t hooked on poker you will be once you understand how this fascinating online casino card game works. Below is a top list of US Online Poker casino sites:
Play Online Poker in USA Here
How to Play Online Poker Guide
In order to successfully master online poker, you need to understand the basic poker game rules as well basic poker terms. There are many variations of poker, with Texas holder being the most popular. Other common poker games are Omaha, poker, 3-card poker and 5 card poker amongst others.
Try out the different online poker variants until you find the one you are most comfortable with. Once you have found your perfect poker game, you can then learn all the nuances of the different variants.
Basic Online Poker America Game Rules
Many think the object of poker is to have the best hand of cards. Theoretically that is true but poker is a game of bluffing and making it look believable hence the term “poker face”. Even when you do not have the best hand you could play in such a way that makes the other players think their hands are weaker than yours and fold. If all players fold the last player standing wins the pot.
Each player is dealt two-hole cards and there are three community cards which players can combine with their own to make the best hand. The community cards are known as the flop or board. The community cards are exposed for everyone to see and are dealt out in three rounds. The first three community cards are called the flop the next card is called the turn and the last is called the river. With that you can get on to the business of playing the game. If you want to know how to play poker then follow the easy step by step guide below
How Do You Play Online Poker?
- The hole cards are dealt
- The first round of betting begins, each player puts in their “ante”
- The flop, that is, the first three community cards are then dealt
- Another betting round follows
- The next community card is dealt known as the turn
- Another betting round follows, some players may “check” or “fold” (see poker terms)
- If there are still players the next round of betting begins which is called the river
- Players who have not folded must now reveal their hands, this called the showdown
- The player with the best hand wins the pot.
- Where two players have identical or similar pairs hands the pot is either split equally or given to the player with higher ranking cards
Best Online Poker Terms to Remember
- Ante – the minimum bet required from all players before a hand is dealt. This is required to contribute to the prize pool which is known as the pot
- Buy-In – The amount needed to play at a specific poker game.
- Community Cards – are cards dealt face up seen by all players to use in making a hand.
- Flop – this refers to the first three community cards dealt out after the first round of bets
- Fold – this is ending your game when you feel your hand is too weak to hold against what you think everyone else has. You place your cards face down and thereby lose anything you have bet so far.