Popular Baccarat FAQs
Baccarat is one of the most popular casino games in the United States but not all that many players know too much about it. Suffice to say there are a lot of baccarat questions floating around on the internet, with many being related to the how to play the game online. With the growing phenomenon that is online gambling, it makes sense that many US players would be interested in finding more about playing baccarat at US casino site.
If you have a few questions about playing baccarat at a casino site in the United States, make sure to stick around. Below we answer all of the most frequently asked questions about playing the casino game at US casinos, such as how to play baccarat, the best variations to play online and whether or not you can expect a fair chance at winning while playing online. We also provide a list of the best baccarat casinos in the United States. So, read on and get answer to all the biggest questions about online casino baccarat.
Baccarat FAQs USA Page Links
- Best Baccarat Casino Sites for US Players
- What is Baccarat?
- How Do I Play Baccarat?
- What is the Best Baccarat Strategy?
- What are the Most Popular Variations of Baccarat?
- Does Card Counting Work in Baccarat?
- Are Baccarat Casino Sites Fair?
- Should I Play Baccarat Online?
Baccarat is a popular casino game. However, it is also seemingly a game that many players want to play but know very little about. Most players know it simply as the game that James Bond seemingly likes to play or as one largely associated with high rollers. Despite it being shrouded in a little bit of mystery, online baccarat is fairly simple to play and a game that should be added to your repertoire.
Unlike in most other casino games, players have options with regards to who they choose to bet on. They can either bet on their own hand or that of the dealer, which means that a player having a higher hand is irrelevant unless they bet on themselves.
While we go into greater depth on how to play baccarat on our dedicated “How to Play Baccarat” guide, we have outlined the basics to playing the game down below:
- Place your bet – players place a bet and the dealer hands out some cards. Usually this is done face down but it really doesn’t matter seeing as you have already decided to bet on.
- Hand value is determined – the values of both the player’s and dealer’s hands are determined. It is important to note that the highest hand value possible in baccarat is nine. Most numbered cards retain their values, expect for 10, which with face cards, has a score of 0.
- Third card dealt – if a player (including the dealer) does not have a hand value between 6-9, they must hit. There are a few more intricate rules associated with when the banker must stand or hit but you can find out more about that in our official how to play guide.
- Compare hands – the winning hand is determined and all players who made winning bets are paid out. If the game ends in a tie, there is an option to push bets to the next round.
Well, we can’t say that there is any strategy that is likely to ensure that you win every single game you play as baccarat is a game entirely based on luck. (The only strategy that allows for that is cheating). However, there are a few bets that offer a lower house edge and that means a higher chance of winning.
One such bet is the banker bet, which features a house edge of just 1.06% and features even money odds. This means players win a one to one payout on wins. It may be important to keep in mind that players do also have to pay 5% commission on any potential winnings when placing this bet.
Most avid baccarat players are familiar with three versions of the game, and these are the following:
- Punto Banco – the version of the game most popular in the United States.
- Chemin de Fer – the version mostly played in European and Latin American casinos. Up to 12 gamblers are able to play at one time and players can bet against each other.
- Baccarat Banque – the version of the game most popular in Monte Carlo casinos. In this variation, the casino is always the banker.
While most US casino sites tend to focus on offering Punto Banco in all of its glory, some sites offer the other variations too. Players who enjoy the social aspect of casino gaming should have a look at the live versions of the game available at their chosen casino.
Card counting doesn’t work in any form of baccarat because of the nature of the game. In blackjack, where card counting is a helpful (but frowned upon) strategy, the player’s hand value actually holds importance. The player is trying to ensure that their hand is greater than that of the dealer in order to win the bet.
However, in baccarat, the player can bet on anyone’s hand, meaning that trying to calculate for the score of your hand means less and is harder to do. They also place this bet before the game starts, which sort of makes knowing which cards will potentially be dealt to each player irrelevant at that moment.
As long as you play at a casino that is registered and regulated by all the relevant independent governing bodies, you are sure to have a safe and fun time playing online. Trusted casinos are regularly audited so as to prove to players that games are fair and do provide players with a chance of winning.
We do not recommend playing at casinos that are hesitant to indicate who they are registered with or provide results of audits performed by trusted bodies like eCOGRA or Technical Services Testing.
Yes, you should. There are many benefits associated with playing baccarat at a casino site, including the following:
- You can play baccarat at any time with mobile casinos. You could be standing in a line or on a bus or train and be able to play the game provided you have internet connection.
- Players are offered bonuses upon joining the casino in question. As they are receiving extra cash to play games, they are provided with extra opportunities to win big.
- How to Play Baccarat
- Chemin De Fer
- Baccarat Tips
- Baccarat Rules
- Baccarat Strategy
- EZ Baccarat
- Baccarat Side Bets
- How Do You Count Cards in Baccarat?
- Odds of Winning Baccarat
- Online Poker FAQs
- Online Craps FAQs
- Baccarat FAQs
- Online Roulette FAQs
- Pai Gow Poker FAQs
- Online Bingo FAQs
- Video Poker FAQs
- Online Blackjack FAQs
- Scratch Cards FAQs
- Online Casino FAQs