Is Sports Betting Legal in California?
Legalized sports gambling in California is still a couple of years away. But to those in the betting community, the Golden State looks like a potential golden goose.
Such is the power of California’s possible betting market. A website that analyzes legalized betting in the state, estimated could annually generate over $30 billion in bets.
Can you do sports betting in California?
No, presently there are no physical sportsbooks to gamble at in California as it is not legal to wager on sports in the state. Offshore web sportsbooks are the only option for sports gambling in the state of California.
Is online gambling legal in California?
Like online sportsbooks, web casinos are not regulated, though it is safe and legal to play at California casino sites. Californians can gamble at offshore online sportsbooks without getting prosecuted, though the state legislature has not regulated gambling on sports yet.
Best California Sports Betting Websites
- Bovada – #1 California sports gambling site with a strong reputation.
- MyBookie – Known for its amazing odds and payout speed.
- BetOnline – reputable sportsbook with high customer satisfaction.
- BetNow – A newer brand with outstanding feedback.
What betting apps work in California?
- DraftKings Sportsbook Mobile App.
- FanDuel Sportsbook Mobile App.
- William Hill Sportsbook Mobile App.
- BetMGM Sportsbook Mobile App.
- PointsBet Sportsbook Mobile App.
- FoxBet Sportsbook Mobile App.
Sports Betting in California
With a population of more than 40 million and a great selection of professional sports teams, most Californian residents are questioning what’s taking longer for the state to legalize sports betting. The US states that have legalized sports betting are seeing exponential revenue for their economy.
Within days of the PASPA ruling, California Assemblymember Adam Gray announced the desire for a pro-sports gambling amendment. Shortly after, Bill Dodd, California State Senator joined the movement, planning to shape a bill for inclusion on the November ballot.
More Gambling Guides
- Are Online Casino Games Rigged? February 18, 2021
- What Does the Joker Mean in Pai Gow Poker? February 16, 2021
- How Often Do You Get a Royal Flush in Video Poker? February 15, 2021
- Do Professional Blackjack Players Count Cards? February 15, 2021
- Slots of Vegas 2021 Valentine’s Day Slots Bonuses February 11, 2021