Live dealer casinos manage to merge the human element of land-based casinos with the convenience of online casinos. The regular random number generator-based games at online casinos are able to provide the convenient real money gambling. However, before live casinos the element of human connection was missing.
Live dealer casino games were developed by software providers to US online casinos in order to overcome this drawback. Today the best US online casinos offer live dealer games on their desktop platforms and many also offer these games from their mobile platforms. US gamblers can enjoy classic live blackjack to a fast-paced game of live roulette in USA.
The outcomes at live dealer games take place at real tables in a studio casino. This means, for example, that a Live roulette wheel is physically spun. The outcome is not simulated using software. Casino players can watch the dealer spin the wheel, deal out the cards or do anything else as they would in a physical casino. To enjoy a live casino there are some things to be considered such as a reliable internet connection. Our live casinos guide addresses how players can navigate and enjoy live gambling.
List of Top USA Live Casinos
Live casinos are not all that common, therefore we have put together a list of casinos with live dealer casino games specifically tailored for Americans.
How Live Dealer Casinos Work
You will generally find four live dealer games at US online casinos. These are blackjack, baccarat, roulette and Casino Hold ‘em. You will find American variants of blackjack, like Vegas Strip Blackjack, and European Blackjack. Live dealer roulette would include American Roulette and European Roulette. Live American roulette has a high house edge and some live dealer casinos offer an enhanced payout version to compensate for this. Online live dealer baccarat is based on Punto Banco.
At most US live dealer casinos you will find tables segregated by the bet range. The high rollers will have separate tables and the low rollers will have separate tables. This is the policy adopted in US land casinos. It is another way live dealer casinos replicate the land casino experience. You may find that the low stakes tables give you more time to place bets.
How to Play Live Dealer Casino Games
You log in to your US online casino and access the live dealer games from the games menu. There you pick the game that you want to play and then the particular table based on the stakes and other factors. After that you are ready to play.
The particular table selected by you will be covered by cameras and the live images will be video streamed to your screen in real time. High resolution graphics and clear audio will give you the impression of really being at the table. You will need to place your bets before the dealer calls “no more bets”. The game is played at the table in the studio and you can watch the outcome on your screen. The bets are settled in the usual manner. In order to further enhance the live casino experience, there is the facility to chat with the dealer and other players.
Live Casinos Gaming Strategy
The strategies for enhancing the win potential for the various live dealer games are exactly the same as when you play these games at the other platforms. But there are a couple of tips that will enhance your game enjoyment. You need a fast speed Internet connection and computer processing capability because of the immense data transfer requirement. Since you play live dealer games along with other players, you cannot place bets or make moves at your own speed. The dealer dictates the speed of the game play as per the set rules. You will be given only so much time. Many US online casinos will have separate tables for newbie players where the game play is comparatively slower.
Roulette and baccarat should not be a problem. But live dealer blackjack can be difficult because you need to make intermediate moves. You may not get time to consult a blackjack strategy card, so you should have at least the basic strategy mastered.
Live Dealer Casino Advantages
- Live dealer games are played on real casino tables and conducted by human croupiers so it gives the most realistic experience that you can get from home.
- You can chat with the dealers and the other players and therefore enjoy a socializing experience that is not possible in the regular online casino games where you play alone.
- Playing in real time puts you one level ahead of other players. It also truly prepares you for play at land casinos.
- If you are the kind of person that distrusts software, then go for live dealer games because the outcomes are physically determined.
Disadvantages of Live Dealer Casinos
- There are very few games available at live dealer casinos and these are usually the land casino variants. You will not get games with innovative features as you do in the RNG games.
- Players cannot play live dealer games in the demo or free play mode. They have to wager with real money. This is a disincentive for new players who first want to get a feel of the process.
- Playing live dealer blackjack in real time with optimum strategy can be a daunting task for players who are not accustomed to doing so.
More Casino Guides for US Players: